[BioC] mapping probes between different platforms [again]

Mattias de Hollander mdehollander at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 18:10:21 CET 2006

Hi,

I am working on a project where i have to link the probes of different
microarray platforms (Affymetrix, Agilent, ABI Gene, Illumina). I
would like to know or this is possible with Bioconductor\R.
I can get the annotation files of the manufacturers where for each
probe the Genbank id is specified. With the AnnBuilder package the
genbank id's can be linked to the Unigene id's.
When i create a package for each platform, i thougth it would be
possible to get the overlapping probes by selecting the UniGene
identifiers that are pressent in each platforms. Is this possible with
the Annotate package? I saw things like the get and multiget
functions, but can these functions also be used with multiple
packages?
The result has then to be visualised in a Venn Diagram (i saw examples
in a few articles) and a spreadsheet listing all overlapping probes.
I am relatively new to R/Bioconductor, so i would like to know the
above is possible with the AnnBuilder and Annotate packages. Maybe
someone can give me some hints to get started?

Thanks

M. de Hollander

P.S.
I am sorry for the duplicate message. This one is now in plain text.

--
Student Bio-Informatics
Hogeschool Leiden