[BioC] converting GEO soft files to MS excel files

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Dec 15 12:48:07 CET 2006

On Friday 15 December 2006 06:15, Dr_Gyorffy_Balazs wrote:
> Dear Sean,
>
> GEOquery is OK, but I have an additional question: is it possible to load
> the downloaded .tz file in order no to stay online all the parsing time?

The parsing is not done "online".  The .tar.gz file is first downloaded to a
temporary directory (the location of which is printed to the screen after the
download for later use).  If you already have a .tar.gz file downloaded, you
can supply the filename to the getGEO() function to skip the download part.
See the help for getGEO().

Hope that helps.

Sean