[BioC] Odds Ratio in GOstat [resolved?]

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Tue Dec 12 05:12:47 CET 2006

The duplicate genes problem is an interesting one.  The reason the
selected gene list includes duplicates is because it comes from
blasting an EST set from an unsequenced species against a sequenced
species.  The duplicates are supposed to be the nearest homolog of
the EST but to represent multiple genes.  How to handle this for GO
enrichment is an interesting question.

e.g.  Annotation has genes A B C.
We observe that matches A1 A2 and B1 are upregulated, but  B2 and C
are not.  Should we say that 3 out of 5 are upregulated, or 2 out of 3?

--Naomi