[BioC] How to use detect call in GCRMA (or RMA) analysis?

Wang mingyi mingyiwang at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 6 23:47:00 CET 2006

Dear all,

I have a question for Affymetrix data analysis by GCRMA (or RMA). From the
GCRMA (RMA) results, we cannot get detect call information which can be
returned from MAS5. I think this information are useful when we want to
perform some downstream t-tests. For example, three replicates (after drug)
comparing with other three replicates (before drug), if given one gene,
most detect values are "A" in all these 6 replicates, we will think the
t-test doesnot make sense.
So how to deal with this situation? Can we incorporate with detect call
information from MAS5?
Thank you in advance!