[BioC] Greek characters and subscripts in network graphs

Martin Henry H. Stevens stevenmh at muohio.edu
Sun Dec 3 20:40:07 CET 2006

Dear R - users,
I am interested in being able to generate simple network graphs (food
webs, mostly) that have labels containing both greek letters (e.g.
alpha) and subscripts (e.g. expression(alpha[ij]) ).

I have been trying to accomplish this in Graphviz (Mac version by
pixelglow) but cannot do it. I cannot seem to make the instructions
at att.com for Graphviz work (using code of the characters).  I have
tried to get a Unix version going through Aquamacs and have GD libgd
problems.

I have searched the web for R-related solutions and noted that
"gaggle" might be a possibility.

-- What do other folks use?
-- Any thoughts appreciated.

I am using R version 2.4.0 (2006-10-03) on a Mac OS X, and
yesterday's downloads of biocLite, Rgraphviz, and Graphviz.

Dr. Hank Stevens, Assistant Professor
338 Pearson Hall
Botany Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056

Office: (513) 529-4206
Lab: (513) 529-4262
FAX: (513) 529-4243
http://www.cas.muohio.edu/~stevenmh/
http://www.muohio.edu/ecology/
http://www.muohio.edu/botany/
"E Pluribus Unum"

If you send an attachment, please try to send it in a format anyone
can read, such as PDF, text, Open Document Format, HTML, or RTF.
Please try not to send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments-