[BioC] How to get the number of Stat pairs used in MAS5

Julie Dickerson julied at iastate.edu
Sat Dec 2 00:17:51 CET 2006

> Hi Julie,
>
> Julie Dickerson wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out how to get the information about the number
>> of
>> stat_pairs used in the MAS5 computations for each probe set. THis
>> information does not appear to be in the exprsSet class. Is it an
>> intermediate value from one of the normalization steps? Does anyone
>> know
>> how to pull out this information?
>
> What exactly is a stat_pair?

According to the Affy literature:
Stat Pair: The number of probe pairs available for this probe set
Stat Pairs Used: the number of probe pairs used to make a detection call
for a probe set.

The first one can, of course, be found from the cdf file with a little
work. It is that Stat Pairs Used that I cannot figure out how to get.

--
Julie Dickerson
Associate Professor