[BioC] combineAffyBatch problem

Catherine Dumur cidumur at hsc.vcu.edu
Sun Aug 6 00:46:24 CEST 2006

Dear Wolfgang and Bioconductor people,

I am using the combineAffyBatch function from the matchprobes package
regularly now, and I am very pleased with its performance.

However, I was wondering if you can help me with the following:

I understand that every time I run the function, a new .CDF object is
created and this takes a considerable amount of time. I was wondering if
we can re-use an existing "newcdf" object when performing new analysis
where the same two types of arrays are used. In other words, since I am
always combining the same 2 types Affy chips, the newcdf object should
be the same. If I use that object from previous sessions, I shouldn't be
creating a new one every time.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me if that is feasible,
and if it is, how can I  do it.

Thank you very much for your attention to this issue.

Catherine Dumur, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Department of Pathology
Virginia Commonwealth University
Clinical Support Center, 2nd floor, room 247
403 North 13th Street
Richmond, VA 23298-0248
Phone: (804) 828-9564 or
Direct: (804) 828-2800 ext. 106