[BioC] error running the example of the widget function in the widgetTools library

mattia mattia.pelizzola at unimib.it
Fri Apr 28 11:49:13 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have a problem with widgetTools 1.8.0 and R 2.3.0.
I get an error message executing the example code of the widget function:

> example("widget","widgetTools")

..as stated in the help the last line of code of this example has to be pasted
interactively in the R console:

> aWidget <- widget(wTitle = "A test widget", pWidgets, funs = list(),preFun =
function() print("Hel            lo"),postFun = function() print("Bye"), env
= PWEnv)
[1] "Hello"
Error in validObject(.Object) : invalid class "widgetView" object: class for
slot "winid" ("tkwin")

..and the widget obviously does not appear.

I did not get this error with R-2.2.0 and bioC 1.7,
while I have got it in both linux and Windows R-2.3.0, bioC 1.8, widgetTools
1.8.0
This is the sessionInfo for linux:
> sessionInfo()
Version 2.3.0 (2006-04-24)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

attached base packages:
[1] "tcltk"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
[7] "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
widgetTools
    "1.8.0"