[BioC] biomaRt and ensembl tables

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Apr 24 14:45:20 CEST 2006

Dear Tabare,

we recommend to use the biomaRt package in the webservice mode. The
direct access to the Ensembl database tables via MySQL relies one some
hard coded assumptions which may not apply to the particular table you
are looking at, also there has recently been a new Ensembl release,
which might complicate things.

For this reason please use the webservice access to biomarts, which is
not prone to these problems.

Best wishes
Wolfgang Huber
European Bioinformatics Institute