[BioC] Limma: correct calculation of B statistics (log odds)

Wittner, Ben, Ph.D. Wittner.Ben at mgh.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 20 19:40:10 CEST 2006

Jose,

I'm very glad you asked this question. One of the things that has made me wary
of using limma is that the proportion of differentially expressed genes is often
one of the primary things I'm trying to discover from the data, so I feel uneasy
making an assumption as to what that proportion is. In your email below, you say
that the output of limma is sensitive to the assumption, which, of course, makes
me feel even more uneasy about it.

I've not noticed any responses on the BioC list. Has anyone commented on this
issue to you?

-Ben