[BioC] Plotting symbols for MA plot in Affycomp

McGee, Monnie mmcgee at mail.smu.edu
Sat Apr 8 21:10:14 CEST 2006

Dear BioC Users,

When Affycomp gives a MA plot, there are both negative and positive infinities (in black ink) as plotting symbols on the plot.  I noticed that they are also present on the example MA plots in the Cope, et.al (2005) paper.  I have been unable to find an explanation of what these mean, and would appreciate it if someone could tell me what they represent.  On a related note, is placement of these positive and negative infinities related to the performance of the method?

Monnie McGee, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Statistical Science
Southern Methodist University