[BioC] Building BioC packages from source on MacOSX (R-2.3.0)

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Apr 10 18:25:01 CEST 2006

Benilton Carvalho <bcarvalh at jhsph.edu> writes:

> i do have a .Rprofile, which sets the pager and the editor. Even upon
> its removal i get the same error.
>
> is there a way i can make sure R is (not) picking up an old config
> file? i was positive i deleted everything before (re)trying, but i
> might have missed something.

The error message you reported has this in it:

    ** arch - Frameworks
    /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/share/make/shlib.mk:3:
    /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/etc/Frameworks/Makeconf: No such file
    or directory
    make: *** No rule to make target

So I would try nuking /Library/Frameworks/R.framework
But I'm still quite puzzled.  For example, I have such a directory
from a binary install of R, but it does not interfere with my from
source R build.