[BioC] calibrating an exprSet on a specific probeset

Celine Carret ckc at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Oct 31 18:56:42 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm sure what I want to do is really simple and straight forward, but
right now I can't think of how doing it! I work on custom Affymetrix
arrays, no MM features.
I have a filtered eset object pre-processed by RMA, quantiles
normalisation and median polishing summarisation of the probesets.
Because the question I'm asking to the experiment is very tedious, I
want to make sure that all the probes matching the  5.8s rRNA are
calibrated to the same level, even if the amount and quality of starting
RNA is different.
I tried the affy.scalevalue.exprSet() function but it does scale the
whole chips, regardless of the probesets I want to act as controls of
the expression level.
Can someone please point me out on the right function ?

Thank you very much for your time and help,
Celine
(R2.2.0 & affy 1.8.1)

--
Celine Carret PhD