[BioC] installation warnings and other related questions

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:05:29 CEST 2005

Dear Listers:
I am trying to use Bioconductor doing some microarray analysis. When I
installed it via following commands in R, I got the following
warnings:
source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite()

cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/data/experiment/stable/bin/windows/contrib/2.1
Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/omegahat/stable/bin/windows/contrib/2.1
Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was '404 Not Found'
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/lindsey/stable/bin/windows/contrib/2.1
dependency 'golubEsets' is not available

The configuration of my R and machine is
> R.version
         _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    2
minor    1.1
year     2005
month    06
day      20
language R

In my opinion, it is due to the HTTP connection error since I tried to
put those links in IE and they got HTTP 404 errors.

I am really interested, for example, using golubEsets so I installed
it from here:
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/experimental/html/golubEsets.html

However, I am interested in knowing what about the other warnings...

As important as above, are there any good online materials covering
using bioC and R in analyzing microarray/bioinformatics data, esp. via
data mining approaches?

Thank you very much!

Best,

Weiwei