[BioC] configuraing goCluster

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 20 15:49:54 CEST 2005

Hi there,

On 20 Oct 2005, madhurima_b at persistent.co.in wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am trying to use goCluster for microarray data analysis.
> I am stuck in the configuration step.
> when I am using the following command:
> benomyl <-new("goCluster"),
> I am getting the error as mentioned below:
> Error in getClass(Class, where = topenv(parent.frame())) :
> "goCluster" is not a defined class
>
> I have extracted the Win-32 package of goCluster in the R library.

Hmm, that sounds like you unzipped something in the library rather
than using R to install the package.  Have a look at the R FAQ
(http://cran.r-project.org/faqs.html) for details about how to install
external packages.

Then reinstall (or install for the first time ;-), then do
library(goCluster) and then see how you do.

> I am new to R language and cant proceed further.
> Can anyone kindly help me?

You would be well served to read over the intro to R documentation and
FAQs.

+ seth