[BioC] a problem with Metadat package: hgu133a2

Shi, Tao shidaxia at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 01:39:50 CEST 2005

Hi Ting-Yuan,

Sorry for my forgetfulness.  I was thinking about providing the package version information before
I sent the email out, but still forgot it.

Anyway, here are the information you need:

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.1.1, 2005-06-20, i386-pc-mingw32

attached base packages:
[1] "splines"   "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
[8] "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
hgu133plus2        KEGG    hgu95av2     GOstats    multtest  genefilter    survival
    "1.8.4"     "1.8.1"     "1.8.4"     "1.1.3"     "1.6.0"     "1.6.3"      "2.18"
     xtable        RBGL    annotate       graph     Biobase       Ruuid     cluster
    "1.2-5"    "1.3.13"    "1.5.16"     "1.5.9"    "1.5.12"     "1.5.3"    "1.10.1"
         GO         TSP      hu6800    hgu133a2
    "1.8.2"       "0.1"     "1.8.4"     "1.8.4"

I got the NetAffx annotation from the NetAffx analysis center where you can input your probe set
ID and get the annotation interactively.  I've also checked the affy annotation file
("HG-U133A_2_annot.csv") I downloaded on 6/20/05 from this website
(http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/byproduct.affx?product=hgu133-20).  It has the same
annotation as shown on the NetAffx website now.  I was also suspecting that Affy changed their
annotations after the package was released, until I checked another hgu133a2 annotation file I
have ("HG-U133A_2 gene info.xls", which I downloaded from dChip website on 2/2004).  It's
annotation is also consistent with the current NetAffx anno.

...Tao