[BioC] Beginner with Affimetrix Data

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jun 27 19:01:52 CEST 2005

Depending on your OS, there are numerous ways to import the data. You
can do one of the following, in order of simplicity:

1.) Save the .xls file as .csv and open using read.csv()
2.) If on Windows, access the data using the RODBC package
3.) Open the .xls file using Excel (or OpenOffice or StarOffice if on
*NIX), copy the data, and import using scan("clipboard"). To be truly
useful, this will require you to pass a list identifying the column type
and probably wrap scan() in data.frame().

Best,

Jim

>>> Cecilia Fernandez <cymering at gmail.com> 6/27/2005 11:24:03 AM >>>
Hi!
I have Affimetrix data, but I don't have .CEL files, only a .xls.
How can I open this file with Bioconductor?
Thank you.