[BioC] Changes in GC-RMA 1.1.4 compared to 1.1.3

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Jun 22 18:27:55 CEST 2005

Groot, Philip de wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I just found out that a new GC-RMA library is made available (version
> 1.1.4 instead of 1.1.3). As usual, no information on the changes is made
> available (as far as I am aware off). Can someone please point out what
> has been changed in the new package? Is it a good idea to list the
> version changes of the different BioC packages somewhere?

The only difference is the removal of some unnecessary variables in the
computation of background using the fullmodel (default) for justGCRMA().
These changes had already been made in gcrma() and I made justGCRMA()
compatible.

This change was actually posted on this listserv by Seth Falcon maybe
2-3 weeks ago.

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2005-June/009306.html

An actual CHANGES or NEWS file (similar to that for R itself) might be
nice, but I don't know how that stacks up in the list of worthwhile
things to do vs person-hours available to do things. Seth Falcon would
know better how easy/difficult this would be to set up.

Best,

Jim