[BioC] NRC Postdoctoral Research Associateships at NIST

Marc Salit salit at nist.gov
Mon Jun 20 22:06:10 CEST 2005

The “Metrology for Gene Expression” program at the National Institute
for Standards and Technology in Gaithersburg, MD, is seeking
enthusiastic and talented postdoctoral research candidates interested
in exploring the basic measurement properties of microarrays and how
those properties affect their application. Our work is focused on
understanding the performance of microarray gene expression analysis,
through the entire measurement process from RNA extraction, sample
preparation, labeling, hybridization, detection, and data analysis.

We invite interested candidates to apply for Postdoctoral Research
Associateships available through the National Research Council (NRC).
These positions are targeted at Ph.D. candidates who will graduate in
2005-2006. There are two upcoming application dates, August 1, 2005
and February 1, 2006. Information regarding the application,
deadlines, tenure dates, and salary and benefits package is available
on the NRC Research Associate Program website –

http://www.national-academies.org/rap

These research associateships are two-year appointments with an
annual salary of $55,700. These positions are highly competitive and
attract outstanding candidates. Typically, 40-50 of these
associateships are awarded each year at NIST.

Our multidisciplinary team (biologists, chemists, chemometricians and
statisticians) is addressing the reliability, validity, uncertainty,
comparability, dynamic range, selectivity/specificity, and linearity
of microarray results. All aspects of the molecular biology,
chemistry, physics, and informatics of microarray measurements are
fair game for study. We invite inquiry from applicants who are
interested in any facet of this program.

These postdoc appointments are excellent opportunities for recent
Ph.D. graduates who are seeking additional experience prior to
accepting a permanent academic or industrial position. Historically,
a number of these awardees have also become permanent employees at NIST.

Please feel free to contact any of the advisors listed below.

Best regards,
Marc Salit

Advisor Information:
Salit, Marc L.