[BioC] limma factorial designs with technical replicates

Jianping Jin jjin at email.unc.edu
Fri Jun 17 15:16:24 CEST 2005

Dear list:

I am working on a small data set that came from cytokine membranes. Each
membrane contains 23 specific cDNA fragments spotted in duplicates. The
experiment design includes two treatment of interest, stimulant
(pre-activated or non-activated cells)  and inhibitor (w/ or w/o
inhibitor).  After manual normalization based on control spots on each
membrane, I like to run limma as factorial design. My question is how I
should handle the duplicate spots (block effect) in limma processing?

Thanks!

JP-