[BioC] misnamed annotation environments with annaffy

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jun 10 16:04:14 CEST 2005

On 10 Jun 2005, jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu wrote:

>> Where do I need to do the renaming and can I do it with the package
>> already built?
>
> The environments are all in the data subdirectory of the built
> package. Go there and rename the ones you like to.

The environments will only be visible as .rda files if lazyLoad=FALSE
was used when the data package was created.  With lazyLoad=TRUE (the
default), the individual rda files are "precompiled" in a lazy-loading
database.

Jim's suggestion to modify the accessor functions will work in either
case.

Another option would be to rename the environments from your R
session.  It might be enough to just make a copy of the environments
with the right names in the global environment:

  NEWNAME <- OLDNAME

+ seth