[BioC] hexbin - xlim, ylim

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Jul 18 22:02:09 CEST 2005

I would like to use hexbin to compare several plots.  The problem is that
these plots have many outliers, and I would like to ignore these.

Of course, I can do this by setting up a dummy variable to select the
non-outliers.  But using (ordinary) plot, I would just use xlim and ylim to
set the plotting regions for all the plots.

xbnds and ybnds does not really do this - it allows me to set all the plots
to the maximum range for any of the plots, but not to truncate the ranges.

Is there any way to do this in hexbin?

Thanks again,

--Naomi

p.s. Ariel's method for adding points to the plots worked like a charm once
I found all the packages I needed.

Associate Professor
Bioinformatics Consulting Center
University Park, PA 16802-2111