[BioC] new hexbin + adding points to hexbin plots

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Jul 18 19:16:07 CEST 2005

When I download hexbin from Bioconductor and then use library(hexbin) I get
the message that I should download the newest version.

The old version is fine for what I want to do, except that I would like to
add some points to the plot.

e.g.  an MA plot with controls highlighted

plot(MA$A[,1],MA$M[,1],main="MA plot")
points(MA$A[mypoints,1],MA$M[mypoints,1],col=2)

I want to replace the first plot command with hexbin (so I can actually
visualize the dense region of the plot), but I want to be able to add my
points to the plot.

plot(hexbin(MA$A[,1],MA$M[,1]),main="MA plot")
points(MA$A[mypoints,1],MA$M[mypoints,1],col=2)

does not give an error message.  But the points do not show up.

If the new version can do this, could someone please point me to the
download site.

Thanks,

Associate Professor
Bioinformatics Consulting Center