[BioC] error with results.summary in simpleaffy

Ting-Yuan Liu (FHCRC) tliu at fhcrc.org
Wed Jul 13 03:37:20 CEST 2005

Hi all,

The problem of "missing probe" is the result of different
versions of Affymetrix annotation files.  The released BioC annotation
packages were created according to the Affymetrix annotation file which
was released on April 1st, 2005.  There are 22277 probes included in this
version.  The Affymetrix annotation file containing 22283 probes was
released on June 21, 2005.  Unfortunately, you can only find the least
version of annotation files on the website. (I happened to have the
annotation files of April 1st, so I can figure out the answer of this
problem.)

Affymetrix releases annotation files regularly (quarterly?) so you may
download an annotation file from the Affymetrix website which is not
matched with the BioC annotation packages.  Before we release new
annotation data packages, people can try to build their own annotation
packages based on the downloaded Affymetrix annotation files.  AnnBuilder
is the package designed to do so.  You may find more information about
creating annotation packages in the following vignettes:

How to use AnnBuilder
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/vignette/ABPrimer.pdf

Basic Functions of AnnBuilder
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/vignette/AnnBuilder.pdf

Of course, we will update our annotation packages as soon after
Affymetrix release new data as possible.

Best,
Ting-Yuan