[BioC] Single slide analysis using Limma

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Fri Dec 30 03:22:34 CET 2005

A basic principle of statistical analysis of differential expression
is to compare differences between conditions to differences among
replicates within condition.
If you have no replication, you cannot use a statistical method such
as LIMMA, MAANOVA, t-tests, Wilcoxon test or SAM.

All you can do is order the differences (M) from largest to smallest,
but this does not tell you anything about statistical significance.

--Naomi