[BioC] studentship till January 2007

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz at cnio.es
Wed Aug 24 17:07:35 CEST 2005

Please pass along, and apologies for double posting.

We have money to support a student till January 2007 (with a salary of about
1000 euro/month). Most of the work will focus on classification/prediction
using microarray data. The work will involve both methodological research
(mainly computation and simulation-based) and implementation of existing
approaches using R (and possible development of web-based applications). In
addition to the main focus of the job, the student will be encouraged (and
expected) to get involved in the many collaborations we have with "wet lab"
cancer researchers.

The candidate should have a bachelors or MSc degree in stats or related
fields. A genuine interest in applied statistics and statistical
consulting,and experience with multivariate methods, linear models, logistic
regression, and survival analysis are required. Proficiency with R and
knowledge of C/C++ or Fortran are required. Familiarity with Python (and Perl
and/or Tcl/Tk) and some experience with development of web-based applications
(CGIs using Python, for example) highly valued. Our machines only run
GNU/Linux (or other Unixes) and thus knowledge of Linux to administer your
workstation is needed.

The Bioinformatics Unit is one of the leading bioinformatics group in Spain,
part of CNIO, one of the main cancer research institutes in Spain. We have
developed a set of widely used web-based microarray data analysis tools, and
have extensive computational facilities, including two computing clusters
(with x86s and opterons) that use MPI and OpenMosix. You can check more of
what we do at our group webpage (http://bioinfo.cnio.es) and my own web page
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz).

For further details please email Ramón Díaz-Uriarte at rdiaz at ligarto.org

Best,

--
Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

Ramón Díaz-Uriarte
Bioinformatics Unit
Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
(Spanish National Cancer Center)
Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +-34-91-224-6972
Phone: +-34-91-224-6900

http://ligarto.org/rdiaz
PGP KeyID: 0xE89B3462
(http://ligarto.org/rdiaz/0xE89B3462.asc)

**NOTA DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD** Este correo electrónico, y en s...{{dropped}}