[BioC] How do I install custom made CDF in Bioconductor

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Aug 16 15:46:12 CEST 2005

Ruppert,

I think you need to give more information before anybody can help. When
you say custom CDF, does this mean you are using the altcdfenv package,
or are you somehow modifying the CDF by hand?

In general, you need to run a CDF file through the makecdfenv package
(using either make.cdf.env() or make.cdf.package()) before it can be
used. Then if you want to use that cdvenv with your celfiles, you would
have to read the celfiles into an AffyBatch and then change the cdfName
slot of the AffyBatch to point to your modified cdfenv.

dat <- ReadAffy()
dat at cdfName <- "nameofyourcdfenv"

Then proceed as usual.

HTH,