[BioC] error message from GLAD

Irene Li cdbox_262 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 13 03:47:19 CEST 2005

Hi bioconductor users,

I am trying to use GLAD to analyze some array CGH data. The code below works
for one input file but not for another one in exactly the same format. Does
any one know what the error message at the end means?

>test <- read.table(file="test.txt", skip=1, header=TRUE, sep="\t")
>profile <- data.frame(LogRatio=log2(test$lym /2), PosOrder=1:dim(test)[1],
>PosBase=test$Position, Chromosome=test$Chromosome)
>dim(profile)
[1] 58494     4
>profile[1,]
     LogRatio PosOrder  PosBase Chromosome
1 -0.03690325        1 0.886727          1
>profileCGH <- as.profileCGH(profile)
>res<- glad(profileCGH)
Error in lawsglad(y = subsetdata$LogRatio, hinit = hinit, hmax = hmax,  :
        NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call (arg 1)

Many thanks.

Irene