[BioC] biomaRt/RMySQL installation help

Jane Fridlyand janef at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Aug 12 19:11:00 CEST 2005

  I am trying to install package biomaRt under windows XP. I fetched  appropriate versions oDBI and RMySQL from
    http://stat.bell-labs.com/RS-DBI/download/ and (successfully: no
errors) installed them from local zip files. I then installed biomaRt off
    Bioconductor (1.6 release). However when I attempt to load the library
, it gives me the following error:

    > library(RMySQL)
    Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
            unable to load shared library
    'C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2011/library/RMySQL/libs/RMySQL.dll':
      LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
    Error in library(RMySQL) : .First.lib failed for 'RMySQL'

 This particular file is present though in the appropriate directory:
    C:\Program Files\R\rw2011\library\RMySQL\libs . Also R has no troible

    I am working under R.2.1.0 i.e. latest stable R version. I am
encountering     the same problem on my desktop and my laptop. Any help would be
appreciated.

    Thank you in advance

    Jane

Jane Fridlyand, Assistant Professor
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Center for Bioinformatics and Molecular Biostatistics
UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center,
Box 0128 San Francisco, CA 94143-0128
Office: Room N224 Tel: (415)476-0168 Fax: (415)502-3179