[BioC] Probe indices for the Drosophila2 Affy chip

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Aug 9 15:14:27 CEST 2005

eblanc at ebi.ac.uk wrote:
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> nrow( abatch ) returns 732 (as expected), but
> getOption("BioC")$affy$xy.offset returns 1 (instead of 0).

This is why you are getting differences between xy2i and xy2indices. The
affy$xy.offset is there to allow you to use C-style counting (e.g.,
starting at zero) rather than R-style counting, which starts at 1.

I am not sure why your affy$xy.offset is being set to 1 - on both win32
and linux I get 0, but maybe MacOS is supposed to be different. Anyway,
I would stick with xy2i and friends.

Best,

Jim

--