[BioC] limma Function

Jianping Jin jjin at email.unc.edu
Wed Aug 3 22:20:37 CEST 2005

Dear BioConductor list:

I started to learn limma function for giving weight to all Genepix flags
less than -50. Also I tried to filter out spots that, for example, show the
foreground/background ratio less than 1.2. I am wondering whether or not:
1. I can set two different weight values in my data set, e.g. 0.5 for
$Flags == -50 and 0.1 for $Flags == -100 with a function?
2. I can perform flag weighting and forground/background weighting
described above at the same time when reading data in? Or are there any
other ways to do that?

I will appreciate it if you could help me out!

JP-

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x Jianping Jin Ph.D.            x
x Bioinformatics scientist      x