[BioC] Rgraphviz + graphviz 1.12.1 compilation error

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 23 22:16:33 CEST 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Saurin Jani wrote:
> Rgraphviz.c: In function `Rgraphviz_agopen':
> Rgraphviz.c:244: warning: implicit declaration of
> function `GD_gvc'
> Rgraphviz.c:244: error: invalid lvalue in assignment
> make: *** [Rgraphviz.o] Error 1
> ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Rgraphviz'
> ** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/library/Rgraphviz'
> anyone has this before....?

First:  Please quite CC'ing R-devel on these emails, I'm sure they don't
really appreciate questions about Bioconductor packages there.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that you are picking up graphviz
headers that you don't think you're picking up as this is the first
time that you've got things setup in such a way that it actually should
work ...

I know that in one of your offlist emails you had quite a lot of RPM
problems between, either from graphviz or from your system administration
- did you manage to get those properly sorted out?  This could quite
likely be the source of your problem.

Do you have the devel RPMs installed as well?  this could also be it.