[BioC] SE and memory problems

Florence Combes florence.combes at paris7.jussieu.fr
Tue Sep 21 13:01:47 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I want to obtain the Standard Error of the signals given by RMA. I can do
this with the se.exprs() function after performing the expresso() function
on my data.

My problem is that this does not work on a large number of arrays (n=111),
because I cannot even read the data; I have the following:

 > raw <- ReadAffy()
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 439615 Kb

even if I maximize the memory available for R to run with the line:
--max-mem-size=3000M

So my question is: do you know another  way for me to obtain the SE of the
given signals by RMA ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Florence.