[BioC] Unique probes on all human affy chips

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Sun Sep 19 18:49:08 CEST 2004

You have not told us what type of data you are looking for ? Do you want
the probe sequences, genbank identifiers or merely affymetrix ids ? Do
you know what Cel Definition File aka CDF is ? For brief explanation,
see http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/desc.html

I do not know how to do this in BioConductor. But if I need the
annotation information, I get it directly from affymetrix website.

1) Select the human chip you want from
http://www.affymetrix.com/support/technical/byproduct.affx?cat=arrays&Human
2) Find the section called "NetAffx Annotation Files" or "Sequence
Files" and select the format/file you want
3) At this stage you will be asked for login. Registration is free.

Suppose you have download the information of interest for all human
arrays, then you can remove redundancies by using the AffymetrixID which
is unique identifier of probesets.