[BioC] Bioconductor release 1.5 notes

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 15 22:21:15 CEST 2004

Hello all ...

The Bioconductor 1.5 release schedule has been determined and we are
looking at October 25th for our release date, with packags in the
development tree becomming increasingly stable after Oct 4th (the day of
the R-2.0 release) as the various levels of code freezes are
enacted.  More information will be made available on the developer page of
the BioC website, and users who wish to keep up to date with release
related issues should subscribe to the bioc-devel mailing list.

I would also like to invite users to volunteer to review packages in our
distribution.  What this would involve is to go through the functionality,
the documentation and if possible the code itself and come up with
constructive criticism to present to the maintainer of that package.  Note
that this isn't really intended as a mechanism to bombard the maintainers
of our packages with "wish lists" of functionality, but rather a way for
users to point out areas that might still be a bit too rough around the
edges to the maintainer - who hopefully will have the time to smooth them
out.  If you are interested in performing such a review, please either
contact me or the maintainer of the package you wish to work with
directly.

Thanks
-J