[BioC] Error with library(limma) with R2.0 devel

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Sep 15 15:00:18 CEST 2004

Matthew Hannah wrote:
> This does seem to be a problem as now I've come to use affy, it
> downloaded ath1121501cdf, but then couldn't use it as built in <2.0.
> Tried various (see below) but it's not in CRAN, the local zip from BioC
> metaData link is release level, and with Jeffs fix the package can't be
> found.....
>
> Can someone suggest a way of getting this to work - build devel
> ath1121501 packages?, as without cdf/probe packages there's very little
> you can do :(

Until all the packages get rebuilt under R-2.0.0 I think there are only
two viable alternatives. First, drop back down to R-1.9.1 and use the
release BioC packages, or download the source tarball for e.g., the
ath1121501cdf and build yourself (which is what I have been doing).

--
James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core