[BioC] r devel ????

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Tue Sep 14 18:55:50 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 11:39:42AM -0400, James W. MacDonald wrote:
> Alberto Goldoni wrote:
> >>getBioC(develOK=TRUE)

<SNIP>

> >WHY?????????
> >HOW CAN I INSTALL DEVEL PACKAGE????
>
> As has been noted several times in the past few days, you need to have
> the devel version of R installed in order to install the devel version
> of BioC.

Based on this, what about a line in getBioC, like

if(develOK)
  cat("You have chosen the devel version of Bioconductor. Please note
that this requires the devel version of R.\n")

Hmm come to think of it, I guess this might be checked automatically in
the next version, since it seems that R 2.0 will have a function echoing
the version.

--
Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen