[BioC] gcrma background

Ariel Chernomoretz ariel.chernomoretz at crchul.ulaval.ca
Fri Sep 10 21:56:49 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I just started to work with gcrma and  I have a question regarding the
background substracted values obtained with 'gcrma.engine'. If I
compare the corrected pm values against the original ones I found that
some of them (~20%) get bigger values after the correction . I did not
expected that. I guess I am doing something wrong here but I do not
realize what. Any help would be appreciate

I compare:   pm.Data.gcrmabkg[,1] vs. pm(Data)[,1]
using:
pm.Data.gcrmabkg<-myGCRMA.background(Data,stype="affinities")
myGCRMA.background<-function(ddata,affin=NULL,
			gOptical = TRUE,
			sType    = "fullmodel",
			bFast    = TRUE,
			fK       = 6*bFast+0.5*(1-bFast),
			fStretch = 1.15*bFast+1*(1-bFast),
			bVerbose = TRUE,
			fRho     = 0.7)
{

  require(affy,quietly=TRUE)
  require(gcrma,quietly=TRUE)

  if(class(affin)=="NULL"){
   affin<-compute.affinities(annotation(ddata))
   affin.new<<-affin
  }
  pm.affinities <- pm(affin)
  mm.affinities <- mm(affin)