[BioC] Trouble Loading RBGL

Jeff Lande land0038 at umn.edu
Fri Sep 10 19:09:17 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am working on a Solaris 9 system with version 1.9.0 of R and I'm
having problems installing the RBGL package.  I have tried to install it
using install.packages and R INSTALL.  I have tried both the Release 1.4
and developmental package.

When I tried install.packages, I got the following error

install.packages("RBGL",contriburl="http://www.bioconductor.org/reposito
ry/release1.4/package/Source")
trying URL
`http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.4/package/Source/PACKAG
ES'
Content type `text/plain' length 36771 bytes
opened URL
.......... .......... .......... .....
downloaded 35Kb

trying URL
`http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.4/package/Source/RBGL_1
.2.2.tar.gz'
Content type `application/x-tar' length 1557850 bytes
opened URL

* Installing *source* package 'RBGL' ...
untarring boost include tree...
tar: z: unknown option
Usage: tar {txruc@}[vfbFXhiBEelmopwnq[0-7]] [-k size] [tapefile]
[blocksize] [exclude-file] [-I include-file] files ...
error: configuration failed for package 'RBGL': No such file or
directory for reading errors.
** Removing '/home/msib/landej/Rlib/RBGL'

When I used the R INSTALL method, I got the same error

landej at s2 [~/Rlib] % R CMD INSTALL -l /home/msib/landej/Rlib
RBGL_1.3.7.tar.gz
* Installing *source* package 'RBGL' ...
untarring boost include tree...
tar: z: unknown option
Usage: tar {txruc@}[vfbFXhiBEelmopwnq[0-7]] [-k size] [tapefile]
[blocksize] [exclude-file] [-I include-file] files ...
error: configuration failed for package 'RBGL': No such file or
directory for reading errors.
** Removing '/home/msib/landej/Rlib/RBGL'

I've seen this error reported once before in the BioC listserv archives,
but I couldn't find a response to it.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.

Jeff Lande
Graduate Student
Molecular, Cellular, Developmental Biology and Genetics
University of Minnesota