[BioC] How to get gene names in arabidopsis arrays

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 10 05:43:28 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 06:33:03PM -0700, Fangxin Hong wrote:
> Hi, there;
> I am new to bioconductor, thus I have a simple question.
> How to get gene names in arabidopsis array, I can get affyID, but hope to
> get gene name or find affyID for a list of genes. I tried
> > getSYMBOL("267139_s_at","ath1121501cdf")

 The environment you have supplied is a cdf environment, not an
 annotation package. We do not currently have annotation packages for
 arabidopsis (please look at the meta-data web page, and at the
 vignettes in the annotate package for more complete descriptions). I
 think we may have annotation for arabidopsis (and a few other model
 organisms) in the next release (about 1 month from now),

  Robert

> Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) : variable "ath1121501cdfSYMBOL"
> was not found
>
> Thanks!
>
> fangxin
> E-mail: fhong at salk.edu

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |