[BioC] Re: Unequally spaced replicates in limma - "sort your MA object by gene ID "

Saroj Mohapatra saroj at wayne.edu
Sat Sep 4 23:21:41 CEST 2004

I know it is a basic R procedure - but what command would sort the
MAlist by gene ID?

> sort(MAlist, .....)?
Jakob

I tried this (for Imagene-output data). Is this correct?

o<-order(MA$genes$"Gene ID")
MA1<-list(R=MA$R[o], G=$MA$G[o], Rb=MA$Rb[o], Gb=$MA$Gb[o],
printer=MA$printer, weights=MA$weights[o], genes=MA$genes[o,]).

I guess, we have to check the MAList, find the elements that are linked
to GeneID (in my case, R, Rb, G, Gb, weights, and genes) and copy them
in the sorted order. Others, such as, printer(layout), can be copied as
such.

I also have a related question. After sorting the MAList thus, is it
possible or even advisable to use the function duplicateCorrelation on
the sorted data?

Saroj

Saroj Mohapatra
Wayne State University