[BioC] Swiss-Prot to gene annotation translation/conversion

Kimpel, Mark W mkimpel at iupui.edu
Thu Sep 2 18:58:13 CEST 2004

I have a list of about 300 Swiss-Prot ID's that I would like to upload
to several bioinformatics sites for analysis. Unfortunately, these sites
only recognize gene annotations such as GenBank, LocusLink, or affychip.
Does a tool exist, even if not in R, that would easily perform a
conversion of my Swiss-Prot ID's? If not, what would it take to
construct such a tool using the annotate or similar package?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark W. Kimpel MD

Department of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine
Biotechnology, Research, & Training Center
1345 W. 16th Street
Indianapolis, IN  46202