[BioC] CDF files

Laurent Gautier lgautier at altern.org
Sat Oct 30 17:13:33 CEST 2004

S Peri wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am also trying to parse CDF files to get the
> coordinates of the porbesets and their names. The
> reason I need to get is that, I want a reference for
> each probeset on the chip in this case postion on the
> chip. This allows my to query specifically some
> probesets depending on the position.  I know this
> might sound too much, however, I am interested in
> implementing this in the db schema I have.
>
> I tried Laurent's suggestions. It worked for one
> probeset.

By induction, it should then work for all probesets.
(and since apparently you want to store everything in a database,
I do not see the problem...)

> Is there any command where I get an object
> with all probesetIDs and their coordinates written
> adjascent to probeset coordinats.

Follow the second suggestion and make an instance of class Cdf (see
package 'makecdfenv').

Then:

i <- seq(along=c(mycdf at names))
cbind(mycdf at names.levels[mycdf at names], indices2xy(i, nr=nrow(mycdf at names))
## ...this is untested... you may still have to read the
## documentation...