[BioC] problem with R2.0.0

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Oct 29 18:43:50 CEST 2004

Dianjing Guo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the following error message while trying to read in 30 soybean
> cel files using R2.0.0:
>
> Error in initialize(value, ...) : End of file reached unexpectedly.
> Perhaps this file is truncated.

I've never seen this error, but it looks like one of your cel files may
be corrupted. Another possibility is that you are running out of memory,
but you usually get a different error (I only mention this because IIRC,
the soybean chips are *huge*, so 30 of them might well use up all of
your RAM).

Are any of your cel files very different in size? You might also try
reading in say 10 chips, then 15 chips etc until you locate the number
at which you hit the error. Then see if you can exclude that particular
chip and read in the remainder.

HTH,

Jim