[BioC] Replace method, AffyBatch, pm or mm

Laurent Gautier lgautier at altern.org
Wed Oct 20 23:38:25 CEST 2004

laurent buffat wrote:

<...cut...>

> Instead of "pm(aBatch, aProSetName)" to get or replace intensity of probes
> of a probeset in a affybatch, I have to use Intensity & probesIndex :

Good.
As a general comment, when going to tweaks and 'non-mainstream'
manipulations with 'affy', I would recommend to leave wrappers alone and
use more 'primitive' functions. A lot of the package was designed with
that in mind: primitive (but convenient) functions, and wrappers for
some common operations (for example, 'expresso' is a wrapper around
individual pre-processing operations for example, and the pre-processing
operations are themselves wrappers around pre-preprocessing core
functions operating on matrices of data... same idea with pm vs.
indexProbes + intensity).

L.