[BioC] Heatmap ( )

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Oct 19 16:31:47 CEST 2004

Saurin,

What a heatmap is going to show of course depends on what expression
you give it.  So, a heatmap will not have any general form.  If you
have two groups of samples and two groups of genes, there will be four
blocks, etc., but having a "medium" group does not mean that the
heatmap is wrong.  What structure a heatmap has depends on what is
being plotted in the heatmap, not the heatmap settings (for the most
part--scaling in particular can drastically change the way a heatmap
looks, but the structure remains).

Sean