[BioC] (no subject)

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 19 13:40:18 CEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 07:18:00PM -0400, Mayte Suarez-Farinas wrote:

> I am trying to update bioc packages and I got the following error:
>
> getBioC(develOK=TRUE,libName='annotation')
> Running getBioC version 1.2.65....
> If you encounter problems, first make sure that
> you are running the latest version of getBioC()
> which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R
>
> Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.
>
> [1] "Test:"
>  [1] "affy"         "cdna"         "default"      "exprs"        "prog"
>  [6] "graph"        "widgets"      "database"     "design"
> "annotation"
> [11] "analyses"     "externalData" "proteomics"   "arrayCGH"
> Error in grep("[[:alpha:]]", vers) : couldn't find function "getRversion"

  Hi,
    getRversion should be a function supplied by R,
  try
    find("getRversion")

  for most of us we should get answer like:
    [1] "package:base"
  if you do not then you will probably need to repair, or replace,
    your R installation.

  Robert

> platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
> arch     i686
> os       linux-gnu
> system   i686, linux-gnu
> status   Under development (unstable)
> major    2
> minor    0.0
> year     2004
> month    08
> day      13
> language R
>
> Thanks in advance..
> --
> Mayte Suarez Farinas
> The Rockefeller University
> 1230 York Avenue, Box 212
> New York, NY 10021
> phone: 1-212-327-8186
> fax:   1-212-327-7422

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |