[BioC] Re: limma linear model [was: (no subject)]

kschlauc at vt.edu kschlauc at vt.edu
Wed Oct 13 15:35:17 CEST 2004

Thank you, Gordon, for your replies.

Regarding question 2), below, I would like to learn
how to write the model in its correct equation form.
I was thinking about Yij=u+Ti+Gj+TGij+error
(T=Time, G=Genotype)

Regarding 3) below, in the FStat help, it states
that FStat tests for all contrasts = 0.
Thus, I thought that a significant FStat would
represent a test in clas in which all contrasts were non-zero.
classifyTestsF classifies genes which have two or more significant contrasts, correct?
i'm sorry, then i don't understand the equivalence classifyTestsF(FStat.only=T)==FStat

thank you .... and sorry for more questions.