[BioC] RMA and NA values

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 11 21:12:31 CEST 2004

Did you look at the matchprobes package, which basically does this?
There is a vignette which provides some details...

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 10:34:28AM +0200, Benjamin Haibe-Kains wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In order to compare different types of affy chips, I construct manually
> AffyBatch object with NA values for the probes which are not in common.
> Unfortunately RMA doesn't deal with NA values. Is it possible to let the
> NA values during the normalization in the next release of RMA ? Or any
> kind of NA value management ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> --
> Benjamin Haibe-Kains
>
> Licence in Computer Science
> Master in Bioinformatics
> Free University of Brussels (ULB)
> E-mail: bhaibeka at ulb.ac.be
>
> MicroArray Unity
> Institute Jules Bordet (IJB)
> E-mail: benjamin.haibekains at bordet.be

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |