[BioC] Extracting Single Channel Intensities in limma

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Oct 1 15:22:57 CEST 2004

I'm not sure I told you enough about the experimental design to get this
right, so if we want to explore this using contrast matrices, I better
add the little detail that might make things more complicated.

Although I can assume all my negative samples are replicates of the same
thing, I can't assume that all my positive samples are.  It's a *very*
strange experiment, but I have 8 +ve phenotype samples and they are NOT
replicates of one another.  So I actually have a factor with nine levels
(the 8 +ve phenotypes and the control) all against a common reference,
which is the -ve phenotype.  To complicate things further, sometimes the
-ve is labelled Cy5, sometimes Cy3, and only two of the +ve phenotypes
have replication, in the form of a single dye-flip.

This is why I really wanted to extract the single channels and then
construct "dummy" microarray experiments ;-)